HEALTHY HABITS FOR HEALTHY EYES
Food is the best medicine for any problem, and also it prevents us from many diseases. A healthy diet leads to healthy body. Same apply your precious eyes. There are certain habits which helps to keep your eyes healthy and young for longer period and effect of ageing can be prolonged.
- EAT WELL- Good eye health start with proper diet which include the healthy food, fruits and veggies
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and collards.
- Oily fish have oil in their tissues and in the belly cavity around the gut like salmon, mackerel trout and tuna.
- Eggs,Beans, Nuts, Oatmeal and other non-meat proteins sources.
- Oranges, other citrus fruits, juices.
- Oysters and Pork.
A well-balanced diet also keeps you away from obesity and related diseases like Type II Diabetes Mellitus which is the leading cause of blindness in adults.
- QUIT SMOKING-
It makes you more likely to develop cataract, damage to the optic nerve (which sends signals to brain) and macular degeneration which affects retina.So restrict your smoking habits for healthy eyes and diseases free body
3. USE SAFETY EYEWEAR-
If you use hazardous or air-borne materials on the job, or at home, wear safety goggles. Sports like cricket and ice hockey lead to eye injuries, hence wear eye protection like helmets, protective face masks, sports goggles.
4. WEAR SUNGLASSES-
The pair of shades will help protect your eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays. Too much UV exposure increases chances of cataract and macular degeneration. Wrap around lenses help to protect eyes from the sides as well. Polarised lenses reduce glare while driving. Wearing sunglasses over contact lenses is also recommended.
- COMPUTER VISION SYNDROME-
Long hours on the computer can cause eyestrain, blurring of vision, dry eyes, focussing problems, headache, neck and back pain.
To Avoid your eyes from getting tired while working on PC, Laptops:-
- Make sure your glasses/ contact lens prescription is up to date.
- Computer screen level should be slightly below eye level.
- Choose a comfortable supporting chair and sit so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Increase blink frequency.
- Avoid glare from windows and light. Use antiglare screen for your computer if needed.
- Rule of 20- 20-20 means after every 20 minutes of computer use, look 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- Leave your chair at least after every two hours and take a 15 minute break.
- DRINK A LOT OF WATER
- VISIT YOUR EYE DOCTOR REGULARLY–
Everyone, including children need at least a one yearly routine eye examination to detect and treat any eye issues at an early stage.
It helps to protect your sight and lets you see better!!