Vision problems affect many at some point in their lives. Having a clear vision thereon could seem bleak. However, with LASIK eye surgery, there’s a high possibility of vision correctness and low dependency on corrective eyewear like glasses and contact lenses. Now, preparing for eye surgery forms only one part of the job; the successive precautions say a great deal about the success of the surgery and how well you will be able to see.
So, today we will learn more about LASIK eye surgery, what it entails, and how post-operative care in LASIK makes all the difference in its success. Remember, when it comes to eye care, taking maximum precautions deems vital to prevent any avoidable risks.
What is Lasik Eye Surgery?
LASIK or laser in-situ keratomileusis eye surgery involves the use of lasers to correct vision problems. LASIK solves vision problems like nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), or astigmatism. It reshapes the cornea for the light to focus on the retina in the back of your eye.
It benefits those with blurry vision or those suffering from refractive error. Moreover, with very little pain involved, LASIK does not need any bandages or stitches post-surgery. In case of vision changes due to age, your ophthalmologist or eye doctor can adjust the vision at any time. Additionally, any dependency on glasses or contact lenses reduces after getting LASIK done. However, you need to make sure that you are eligible for the surgery and prepare for the risks involved (if any).
Read more: Benefits and Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery
Post-Operative Care in Lasik Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery takes no more than few minutes to perform. However, the recovery process depends on how well you follow the instructions given by your ophthalmologist. Post-operative care in LASIK is of utmost importance given the sensitivity of the area involved in the surgery.
The following precautions will help with the recovery process and determine the success of the surgery.
- Do not take a shower or wash your hair until the day after the surgery.
- Avoid showering, washing of hair, etc. with non-sterile water, and do not allow it into your eyes during the first few days after your surgery.
- Keep soap out of your eye while showering, and avoid using hair spray and shaving lotion for a few days.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- In case you need to use eye drops, use the ones prescribed by your doctor.
- Get your doctor’s OK first before you begin driving again.
- Do not wear eye makeup for at least a week after surgery to avoid an infection.
- Your eyes will likely be sensitive to light for some time so, wear dark sunglasses.
- Avoid dusty and polluted environments for at least a week.
- Sun rays may cause irritation of the eyes, so wear sunglasses on bright mornings.
- Call your doctor immediately if you experience any unusual side effects.
- Follow-up with your doctor to ensure you do not miss out on any vital precautionary measures.
Read more: FAQ About LASIK Eye Surgery
What is The Recovery Time of LASIK Laser Eye Procedure?
As mentioned earlier, the recovery time after LASIK eye surgery depends on how well you follow the doctor’s instructions and take the necessary precautionary measures post-surgery. Follow-up visits with the doctor help monitor your progress and healing time. Most patients get cleared to perform the usual daily activities like driving 24 hours after the procedure. But, it also depends on several other factors such as your original prescription, the technology used for your LASIK eye surgery, and how your body reacts to the surgery. Taking all of this into account, the healing process for your eyes should start immediately, and with a proper post-op schedule, your vision problem should never see the light of the day again.
The benefits of LASIK eye surgery show that it is a safe procedure and improves your vision to a great extent. It only comes with mild discomfort in some individuals but, with expert guidance, this surgery to correct your vision problems can turn out successful. Remembering to follow the post-operative care measures will help with your healing process, and you will quickly return to your regular daily routine within no time.
Dada Laser Eye Institute’s expert ophthalmologists in India guide you through the entire process, explain the risks involved, share their knowledge, and make sure you find it comfortable to take the plunge and go through with the vision correction process. You can get in touch with the experts and get proper consultation by giving us a call at (+91) 992 299 5549 or visit our website to fill out a form https://ladilaservision.com/.