What is The Cost of LASEK Eye Surgery in India?
What Is LASEK Surgery?
Vision problems can arise due to various reasons. Those with nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), or astigmatism can opt for laser eye surgery. Laser epithelial keratomileusis or LASEK can help treat these eyesight issues and reduce your dependency on corrective eyewear like glasses and contact lenses.
Essentially, LASEK eye surgery is a variation of photorefractive keratectomy (PRK). It is similar to other laser refractive eye surgeries. In LASEK eye surgery, the cornea gets reshaped with the use of a laser. It allows light to fall on the retina, making it easier to focus and giving you a clearer vision. In most cases, unless necessary, you can function well in your daily life without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Today, you will learn more about the factors affecting the cost of LASEK eye surgery in India.
Factors Affecting The Cost Of LASEK Surgery In India
Much like any other surgical eye procedure, the cost of LASEK eye surgery in India depends on several factors, of which you will learn more in this article. Depending on the severity of the problem and the subsequent treatment, your ophthalmologist will suggest the necessary surgery. Apart from this, the following aspects come into play when determining the cost of LASEK eye surgery.
- Technology & Infrastructure – If the eye hospital or eye care center you choose remains equipped with advanced eye-care technology and infrastructure, it can significantly affect the cost. If the equipment used is the latest and state-of-the-art, the higher the overall price.
- Type of Procedure – The type of surgical procedure that you opt for determines the cost. If your ophthalmologist uses a femtosecond laser, it will cost you more than when they use a microkeratome blade for eye surgery.
- Location – If you live in metropolitan or cosmopolitan cities, the surgery cost rises due to the higher administrative costs. So, the location of where you get the surgery done also affects its total cost.
- Aftercare – In such a case that you opt for aftercare services after your eye surgery, the cost of the treatment will most likely increase.
- Hospital Size – You will find that reputed hospitals, with branches all over the country, might lower the cost due to their large-scale operation. However, such a decision lies at the hospital’s discretion.
- Patient Care – The surgery duration and the after-treatment costs can get added to your tab of total expenses. Therefore, if you need to stay back at the hospital for more time than expected, it adds to the costs.
How Much Does LASEK Eye Surgery Cost In India?
As you now know, many factors affect the cost of laser eye surgery in India, including LASEK eye surgery. Considering the surgical process improves your vision and lessens your dependency on glasses or contact lenses, getting the best possible treatment for your eyes becomes paramount. Therefore, you need to consider all the aspects that determine the final cost of the eye surgery.
In India, LASEK eye surgery costs may range from ₹20,000 to one lakh rupees per eye. If you visit an eye surgeon who charges less, the reason will more often than not depend on the technology and infrastructure that he/she provides for the surgery. Again, the type of treatment recommended depends on the ophthalmologist, affecting the overall cost.
Remember, when it comes to the health of your eyes, get top-notch treatment. And for that, you need to consult the right doctor who can offer their expertise along with their experience. Approach an eye doctor or ophthalmologist who checks all the boxes and has the credentials to perform a laser eye surgery.
Read More: What Are Benefits of LASEK Eye Surgery
LASEK eye surgery offers you the benefit of unclouded vision. Other than that, it happens to be a safe procedure, which also becomes advantageous. So, if you do have any vision problems, knowing the costs and benefits of LASEK, you can go through with the procedure after checking with the eye care center or hospital. You will also receive a comprehensive cost analysis and procedure details of the eye surgery at the doctor’s clinic once you decide along those lines. While several factors determine the cost of LASEK eye surgery, you cannot compromise on the most essential – expertise, technology, and equipment. They can define the success of your eye surgery.
When it comes to the experience and expertise of ophthalmologists, Dada Laser Eye Institute will guide you. The eye doctors will explain the risks involved, share their knowledge, and make sure you find it comfortable to take the plunge; to go through with the vision correction process. You can get in touch with the experts and get proper consultation by giving us a call at (+91) 992 299 5549 or visit our website to fill out a form.